Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Culture name

My name is Emilia. Some people call me Emi or Emily. The origin of my name is Greek and it means, friendly or soft. Emilia was a greek saint and she was the mother of saint Basil the Great. We celebrate my nameday on the 30th of May.
Like all the other babies my parents chose this name for me. It was the name of my mum's Auntie who was married with my grandfather's brother. My parents were very close with Auntie Emilia and they also liked the name very much, thats why they gave me that name.
I like my name because of how it sounds when they call me.
I am very lucky to have this name because there are so many similar names people can call me. Like Emma, Emily, Lily, Emi. To tell you the truth my favourite name is when my dad calls me Emiloushka.
When I grow up and have my own children and if its a boy I will name him Andre or Danial and if it's a girl I will name her Cleo or Costantina(after my dad.)
Did you know that many Polish Queens and Princesses have had this rare name(I found this from the internet. REAL) 

No comments:

Post a Comment